Previous Fundraising Events
IWA has applied to the NSW Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing and granted for a fundraising authority under section 16 of the Charitable Fundraising Act 1991. The Association (IWA) often conducts fund-raising activities in order to support and further IWA’s existence and programs. Several fund-raising activities were as follows:
- OP SHOP 1998-1999
- Opened an ‘Op-Shop’ in Parramatta as a support channel from the generous hearted people to the less fortunate ones.
2. FOOD STALLS (ongoing)
- Set up stalls serving and selling Indonesian food in many different fetes, fairs, bazaars, festivals and other events involving the Australian – Indonesian communities.
3. ANNUAL IWA’S GOLF DAY 1999- 2004
- IWA organized Golf Charity Day annually.
4. FUND RAISING BUSINESS LUNCH 2000
20 April 2000
IWA in partnership with Indonesian Business men organized a fundraising lunch at Nikko Hotel, Darling Harbour, to raise funds for members of the Indonesian community in Sydney who were disadvantaged.
Some dignitaries attended:
- The Consul General of Indonesia – Mr Gunawan
- President of Chinese Community Association – Mr Benjamin Chow
- Business men from Indonesia – Mr Tjiputra
5. INDONESIAN STREET FESTIVAL AT RANDWICK 2005 & 2006
“PASAR SENGGOL I & PASAR SENGGOL II”
Indonesian Welfare Association (IWA) and Indomedia, in collaboration with Randwick City Council and Indonesian Consulate General of Indonesia in Sydney held an Indonesian Street Festival “Pasar Senggol“ at Frances Street and Randwick Town Hall 2 years in a row, 2005 & 2006.
The whole day festival was a charity event, featuring variety of Indonesian foods, arts & craft stalls, musical performances, traditional dancers, pengamen (musician on the street), live band, and workshops, all highlighting the wonderful aspects of Indonesian culture.
Monday, 25 April, 2005
Indonesian Street Market “Pasar Senggol” & “Radio Night” at Randwick City Townhall
Saturday, 14 May 2005 at Frances St, Randwick.
Indonesian Welfare Association (IWA) and Indomedia, in collaboration with Randwick City Council and Indonesian Consulate General of Indonesia in Sydney will celebrate Indonesian Street Market on the street of Randwick, ie. Frances St, Randwick on Saturday, 14 May 2005 from 10 AM until 5 PM. Followed by Indonesian Radio Night, organised by Radio Sangkakala and Radio Duta Nusantara until 11.00 PM.
The event will give people from diverse cultural backgrounds the opportunity to come together and share their experiences of various Indonesian food, arts and cultures.
From the street of Randwick, spectators will enjoy variety of Indonesian food and art market while entertained by musical street performances. From Randwick City Townhall, cultural performances and art-workshop like ‘wayang rumput’ (grass puppet making), batik (art of Javanese fabric-printing), angklung (musical instrument made from bamboo) will be held to educate community the diversity of Indonesian cultures.
For more information on Indonesian market on the street of Randwick, contact:
Juliani Onggo – IWA on 0412 262 819
Irwan – Indomedia on 0414 962 888
6. RADIO NIGHT CELEBRATION
MALAM RADIO I & II & III 1999 & 2005 & 2006
RADIO FUND NIGHT 2012 & 2014
The radio night event filled with live music, singing and a “Variety Show” entertainment as the main attraction. A sumptuous Dinner and Raffles with very attractive prizes were also part of the fundraising event.
The purpose of the Radio Fund Night:
- To promote some Indonesian community radios in Sydney
- To give the listeners a chance to meet and greet with the broadcasters
- To raise funds for the continued existence of the community radios.
7. IWA LET’S DANCE I, II, III, IV, V, VI 2011 – 2016
A joint collaboration with NLICC and Yoppy’s Dance
Some programs supported by Ashfield Council and City of Ryde Council.
The purpose of the activities
- Promote a healthy and active living through dancing
- Everyone is encouraged to remain active, become healthier.
- Increase emotional happiness, self-confidence and gain new skills
- Provide entertainment and to stay in harmony, togetherness
- Raise some fund for the association